How many times have you been in the middle of a conversation with someone and they pull their phone out and start looking at it while you’re mid-sentence? Sound familiar?
It’s no secret we’re addicted to our phones and this proves it.
Check out these stats from a recent study from YouGov and see how addicted you or your family members might be.
How many of these relate to you?
1. 49% of people surveyed said they would pay more attention to what was going on around them if they didn’t have their phone. 20% say they’re still ignoring you for their phone.
2. If you didn’t have a phone in front of you, would you focus better in general? 43% of us think we would and 24% said no.
3. Would you feel anxious if you weren’t able to instantly communicate with people? 44% said theck yeah!
4. If you didn’t have your phone for the day, would you feel a sense of relief or be stressed out? Only 29% said yes to relief, while 34% said no. I know I would feel a sense of relief to disconnect for a day!
5. Would you feel odd without your phone, not knowing what to do without it? 22% said yes. I mean what would you have to check every 45 seconds if you didn’t have a phone in your hand?
6. Do you ever leave the house without your phone? 67% said rarely or almost never, but check this out! There’s a crazy 2% of us that said they never take their cell phone anywhere! Who are these people?
7. When you’re at home or at the office and walk to a different room, do you bring your phone with you? Half of us said yes and half said no.