Sometimes, you need a reminder to slow down and really enjoy your kids because time passes so quickly. Here are some things all moms will miss one day…courtesy of moms whose kids have moved on to college and beyond.
- Having someone constantly jumping on you, pulling on you or following you.
- Having to spend an hour at bedtime lying with, reading to, and getting water for your children when you’re completely exhausted.
- Toys left in the shower, on the kitchen floor, and on the stairs.
- Driving a car that smells like old milk, ketchup and moldy Doritos.
- Being a human paper towel used to wipe noses, chocolate fingers and messy mouths.
- Not being able to read a book, check your email or eat a meal because someone is climbing onto your lap.
- Staying up late listening for the sound of the front door opening and teenaged feet walking into the house.
- Adapting every recipe to leave out onions, chunky tomatoes or any ingredient with a questionable texture.
- Getting to the checkout at the grocery store and finding seven packs of gum, three bags of chips and two half-eaten candy bars in the cart.
- Unexpected hugs, homemade cards and having your children just one room away.